GIS in Electric
Intelligent Electric Network Distribution using GIS
GIS benefits Electric utilities in realizing the technology in the management of facilities for engineering, construction, operations, and maintenance. GIS has greatly enhanced the efficiency in energy sector by visualizing an asset’s spatial and non-spatial information about distribution of electricity to end-users. Using Geospatial Modelling , Electricity distribution companies provide better understanding towards effective distribution and conservation of electricity to consumers/last mile connectivity.
Uses of GIS in Electric
How GIS in Electric Utility
Benefits of GIS In Electric
Some of the major benefits of GIS in Electric sector, such as
- Optimize the Electrical Distribution Network
- Improve Decision making for daily operations.
- Simplifies planning for Future Network.
- Improves response time to Electrical asset faults.
- Supports the field engineer in asset maintenance.